There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology

Great coworkers, total lack of vision by upper management.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work with smart people.
Regular 40 hour work weeks unlike some other engineering jobs.
Decent benefits.
Free gym.

Cons

Low Pay compared to similar positions in other companies.
No room for promotion.
No budget for raises.
Senior management is disconnected from day to day operations.

The current plan isn't working. Some serious research needs to be done on way our products are not having the same success as in the past and how to stop giving up our market share to the competition. The board of directors need to stop thinking short term and focus on improving the company long term. Also, find a CEO that knows gaming. Patti is not that CEO, it is time for her to go.

reviews filtered by

Dysfunctional to the bone marrow

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about IGT is the ability for senior management to be completely out of touch. People who have never been in a casino are remote managing huge parts of the company and don't know the people, the culture, nor the customers. Just throwing proverbial darts in the dark and stumbling around in the dark like drunken sailors in a fun house.

Cons

The fact that none of the staff gets to ride on the CEO's 70 million dollar corporate jet...that takes her from her home in the bay area, to ski in Colorado, to France all under the guise of "tech conferences". I would like to see that jet someday...

Open a lemonade stand in the parking lot and sell the 70 million dollar corporate jet the CEO wings around on.

Poor Morale, Upper Management Doesn't Care About Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are awesome, and it is nice to work on slot games. Also great time off policies.

Cons

Employees are not taken care of. No room for promotions or good raises. Constant threat of layoffs and upper management doesn't want the lower levels of employees to know anything. We knew about layoffs for months before it happened. They didn't tell us about layoffs until AFTER they announced it to the media. Layoffs were already happening, then we get an email.

Seriously get rid of Patti Hart. She has never worked in gaming before, and obviously doesn't know what she is doing.

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology