There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology

Was great, but not anymore!

Former Employee - Account Administrator in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Account Administrator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people and the pay.

Cons

Upper mgt in it for the $$ and don't care about the workers.

Get rid of Patti Hart.

reviews filtered by

Used to be great... now a life suck and stress-machine...

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are awesome! Everyone is easy to work with, is helpful, is optimistic, and works hard. The office location is great!

Cons

While the office I work in is great, upper management has no clue what they are doing. The only thing they know how to do is arbitrarily cut valuable employees to "cut costs" and fudge a few extra numbers so they don't look as horrible to investors. Meanwhile the employees which are left have to pick up the slack of people that have been let go or have left for better opportunities with the expectation that all the deadlines are still to be met. But who cares about the employees or if the company will survive when you still get paid millions and have a golden parachute that would probably be enough for 10-20 people to retire on. I feel like if I worked somewhere and did as horrible of a job as our upper management does here, I would get fired, and probably sued, or maybe worse... Not here though. Here our upper management still gets to enjoy their huge paychecks and bonuses while flying first class while the company slowly implodes due to their decisions. If you do some research on the board of directors and previous companies our CEO has been at it will give you a good idea of what is going, what happened, and what the future holds for this company. Very sad to see such a great company be destroyed.

Go home... you're drunk?

Sinking ship

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers for the most part are good people.
    Compensation is competitive, especially considering the low(er) cost of living in Nevada as compared to California or other metropolitan areas.

Cons

The senior management is a joke, with most of them coming from non-gaming industries. Some key mistakes they have made: 1) moving the executive HQ to Las Vegas, while the operations center remains in Reno; 2) focusing operations to try and recover lost market share in over-saturated product markets like megajackpots and core gaming, whereas they should have focused operations on product markets with greater growth opportunity and less competition like video poker and international markets 3) supporting a conservative culture, where risk taking and change are frowned upon - surprisingly, this impacts executives more than employees, for example when new VP's are hired the expectation is that they should start changing things for the better (which is risky), but the culture frowns on this so many new executive hires are simply over-paid wallflowers that don't act out their changes.

Try innovating instead of layoffs. In the long run you will need innovative products to remain market leader. Layoffs are just a short-term band-aid.

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology