International Paper

www.internationalpaper.com

Industrial Maintenance Lead

Current Employee - Maintenance Lead  in  McAllen, TX
Current Employee - Maintenance Lead in McAllen, TX

Pros

Pay is very competitive and the job is very interesting if you like to be hands on. Many locations give any endless chance for advancement. Employee safety is the primary focus.

Cons

Most local promotions are done from the outside. Advancement almost always requires a move to a different location. Also Management changes every 2-3 yrs and the rules change with them.

Personally, I many yrs with the company and am getting ready to graduate with a BS in Engineering. I am told by local management that advancing within the company would require a move to another area while we import our talent from other facilities. After many yrs at this facility, I feel that I would be more familiar with local policies, equipment, and personnel thus giving a better return to the company than would someone from another facility. When I speak to other facilities about open positions, they, being unfamiliar with my work and ethics, want to make a lowball offer. We often lose talent to competetors so employees can advance their career and still remain local. I do not understand the reasoning behind this when there is always of how important talent retentions is to the company.

Other reviews for International Paper

I had a good experience as summer help, friendly people for the most part

Former Employee - Operator's Assistant  in  Eighty Four, PA
    Former Employee - Operator's Assistant in Eighty Four, PA

Pros

The pay is alright, but there is a lot of opportunity for overtime, basically every week.

Cons

Long hours and you will work almost every weekend

Hire more people, and give your workers some weekends off.

IT Systems Analyst

Former Employee - IT Systems Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN

Pros

The company pays really well and are some what flexible.

Cons

You can't really have an opinion. You have to kiss butt to get ahead and there are very few African Americans in top management positions. So as an African American, that would mean that there is a limit to have far you can climb the ladder at International Paper. It is very political. The company treats people like resources and not like people.

There are newer employer reviews for International Paper.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!