International Paper

www.internationalpaper.com
  www.internationalpaper.com
There are newer employer reviews for International Paper

I had a good experience as summer help, friendly people for the most part

Former Employee - Operator's Assistant in Eighty Four, PA
Former Employee - Operator's Assistant in Eighty Four, PA

I worked at International Paper (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is alright, but there is a lot of opportunity for overtime, basically every week.

Cons

Long hours and you will work almost every weekend

Hire more people, and give your workers some weekends off.

228 Other Employee Reviews for International Paper (View Most Recent)

Industrial Maintenance Lead

Current Employee - Maintenance Lead in McAllen, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Lead in McAllen, TX

I have been working at International Paper full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is very competitive and the job is very interesting if you like to be hands on. Many locations give any endless chance for advancement. Employee safety is the primary focus.

Cons

Most local promotions are done from the outside. Advancement almost always requires a move to a different location. Also Management changes every 2-3 yrs and the rules change with them.

Personally, I many yrs with the company and am getting ready to graduate with a BS in Engineering. I am told by local management that advancing within the company would require a move to another area while we import our talent from other facilities. After many yrs at this facility, I feel that I would be more familiar with local policies, equipment, and personnel thus giving a better return to the company than would someone from another facility. When I speak to other facilities about open positions, they, being unfamiliar with my work and ethics, want to make a lowball offer. We often lose talent to competetors so employees can advance their career and still remain local. I do not understand the reasoning behind this when there is always of how important talent retentions is to the company.

Great Company

Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Reliability Engineer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at International Paper as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The people at international paper is what makes this company great. They have excellent leadership which ultimately leads to customer satisfaction and efficient production.

Cons

My job could be boring at times when I was in the office as opposed to being in the mill. This summer will be spent mostly in the mill though.

There are newer employer reviews for International Paper