International Paper
www.ipaper.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

An ideal baby boomer culture

Sourcing Operations (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at International Paper full-time for more than a year

ProsIP is a fair & ethical company that offers a consistent and steady career advancement for those who are willing to stand out from the rest. IP has many global opportunities for those who are seasoned and offer global talent to the company. Decent benefits and opportunities to grow in both strengths and weaknesses.

ConsIconic atmosphere of secularism, bureaucracy and political correctness. This type of culture is typically created by such large companies in effort to avoid lawsuits and hurt feelings amongst employees of different backgrounds. However, in the end it only stiffles authenticity and candidness, causing many people to feel out of place or resent the entire system as a whole since it rewards uniformity rather than originality or creativeness.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage authenticity. Focus on real problems. Avoid caring about politics and bureaucratic practices - your employees can't stand that. Don't measure KPI's for the sake of reporting good numbers and try not to get caught up in measuring someone based on their KPI's. Encourage employees to get the job done, but refuse to put them in a box. Trust the employees to do the work well and let them try things their way. Otherwise, you might as well have just hired a bunch more of yourself, which isn't adding value to your organization at all.

bEST JOBBBBBBBBB

Power House Operator (Former Employee)
Courtland, AL

I worked at International Paper full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good union management relationship. Listens to employee ideas.Excellent pay and… Cons: It is a twelve hour rotating shift with no holidays off. There… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within. Engineers do not make good managers of… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Organizatino

I have been working at International Paper full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay and benefits are great and the management team is very accessible. My hours… Cons: There aren't a lot of cons. I would say one is the early hours. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on International Paper.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Paper reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Paper CEO John V. Faraci Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by International Paper employees.