International Paper

www.internationalpaper.com
  www.internationalpaper.com
There are newer employer reviews for International Paper

You do not need to know stats to do the job.

Current Employee - Demand Planner in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Demand Planner in Memphis, TN

I have been working at International Paper

Pros

Market Leader, strives for pest practices. The company is environmentally focused and does care about employee well being and safety. Each employee is required to take 4 safety credits during the year. Topics range from plant safety to office safety to child car seat safety to home security. They do care about your well being.

Cons

Corporate policy can really suck at times. If you are one a project that spans multiple divisions and one of those divisions is being sold off, you have to reapply for your job even if your time spent on that division was very minor. Outsiders with no box plant or mill supply chain experience will have a tough time convencing older IP workers that they know something about supply chain.

Remove red tape on projects. A supply chain project only takes a few years, not a decade.

220 Other Employee Reviews for International Paper (View Most Recent)

Fine place to work

Former Employee - Team Technician in Franklin, VA
    Former Employee - Team Technician in Franklin, VA

I worked at International Paper

Pros

I really enjoyed the job, the pay was good and I learned a lot. My immediate manager was great to work for.

Cons

They made a really hasty decision to shut down an entire mill that has always been profitable (was still profitable at the time of shut down) to send business to an over seas mill. They made a cost cutting goal for us to help the company (mind you we were still profitable) and we doubled the cost cutting savings and everything was looking good. We were all proud of ourselves with posters plastered throughout the mill letting everyone know we exceeded our goals, then one day one of the hireups came and shut us down.

something like this can happen at any time. As long as the International paper mill you are employed arent in the crosshairs, the job is great. but you dont have to be in bad shape to be shut down.

I guess the only advise I would give is to think things out when you decide to shut down facilities that are making you money. even as the doors were closing on this facility, there were orders that needed to be met. this was a really bad decision on your part and from what I understand, the man responsible has been pushed out of the company

SAP Basis Administrator

Current Employee - SAP Basis Administrator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - SAP Basis Administrator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at International Paper

Pros

Invests in Information Technology internally with data center and employees in a time where out sourcing and hosting is thriving.

Cons

Salary and merit increases are low but the cost of living in Memphis is also low justifying there reasoning. The economy is still recovering at this time so merit raises can get better. Equipment is old and CRT rather than LCD are still used. No head sets and shabby offices for the IT people.

Equip employees with what they need to do their job. John Faraci is a paper guy and knows the business. Make sure your employees can do their job with the current equipment.

There are newer employer reviews for International Paper