International Paper

www.internationalpaper.com

Commodity Sales Management

Current Employee - Sales  in  Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Sales in Memphis, TN

Pros

Global footprint, good cash flow, solid mfg knowledge, good people on the ground floor.

Cons

diversity bias, lack of commodity knowledge, terrible long term compensation, herd mentality, lack of leadership.

Diversity is more than ethnicity. Stop promoting self-promoters, they're ruining the company and lack real leadership.

Other reviews for International Paper

You do not need to know stats to do the job.

Current Employee - Demand Planner  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Demand Planner in Memphis, TN

Pros

Market Leader, strives for pest practices. The company is environmentally focused and does care about employee well being and safety. Each employee is required to take 4 safety credits during the year. Topics range from plant safety to office safety to child car seat safety to home security. They do care about your well being.

Cons

Corporate policy can really suck at times. If you are one a project that spans multiple divisions and one of those divisions is being sold off, you have to reapply for your job even if your time spent on that division was very minor. Outsiders with no box plant or mill supply chain experience will have a tough time convencing older IP workers that they know something about supply chain.

Remove red tape on projects. A supply chain project only takes a few years, not a decade.

Fine place to work

Former Employee - Team Technician  in  Franklin, VA
    Former Employee - Team Technician in Franklin, VA

Pros

I really enjoyed the job, the pay was good and I learned a lot. My immediate manager was great to work for.

Cons

They made a really hasty decision to shut down an entire mill that has always been profitable (was still profitable at the time of shut down) to send business to an over seas mill. They made a cost cutting goal for us to help the company (mind you we were still profitable) and we doubled the cost cutting savings and everything was looking good. We were all proud of ourselves with posters plastered throughout the mill letting everyone know we exceeded our goals, then one day one of the hireups came and shut us down.

something like this can happen at any time. As long as the International paper mill you are employed arent in the crosshairs, the job is great. but you dont have to be in bad shape to be shut down.

I guess the only advise I would give is to think things out when you decide to shut down facilities that are making you money. even as the doors were closing on this facility, there were orders that needed to be met. this was a really bad decision on your part and from what I understand, the man responsible has been pushed out of the company

There are newer employer reviews for International Paper.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!