International Rescue Committee
www.rescue.org New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A great organization to work with if you're seeking a proactive career with NGOs

Interpreter (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

ProsIt's a continuously active work environment, specializing in many different services such as resettling refugees and ensuring that they have access to the right services by working through a one on one basis.

ConsUnfortunately, there is high demand for the IRC's services throughout various continents, resulting in unpaid internships and requiring volunteer work. That is however, the nature of this organization. If you're seeking a career with significant monetary rewards, then the IRC is not for you.

intern

New York, NY

I have been working at International Rescue Committee as an intern for less than a year

Pros: friendly environment, great opportunities at international level Cons: no compensation to interns or volunteers Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great humanitarian organization to work for

Program Coordinator (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at International Rescue Committee full-time for more than a year

Pros: smart, dedicated and committed colleagues. Organization values accountability and measures impact. consistent… Cons: little career growth because of the size of the organization, tends to be very competitive to be transferred to another department particularly withing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on International Rescue Committee.

Worked for International Rescue Committee? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Rescue Committee reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Rescue Committee CEO David Miliband. All reviews posted anonymously by International Rescue Committee employees.