There are newer employer reviews for International SOS

A passion to succeed

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at International SOS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love what we do and great to work for a company that cares about its people. There are always new challenges and thats what makes a difference.

Cons

It can be hard sometimes to get changes through, but when they are implemented, its amazing.

More communication about the overall business and progress.

132 Other Employee Reviews for International SOS (View Most Recent)

One of the worst places I ever worked

Current Employee - Underwriter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Underwriter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at International SOS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is ok and benefits (health insurance annual leave etc ) are satisfactory

Cons

Senior management is the worst ever. Arrogant and most of them have no relative experience. Tricare their insurance part had no people with relevant experience. They make up the numbers in order to show the client that they achieve the targets ! CRAZY! The American GOV wastes £££ millions !

No one targets the quality here!

Lot of IT issues , where , once we had to pretend that our system works fine , while on blank screens , just because we had visitors.

Full of lies during the clients' visits for things that we do when we , not only are not able to provide , but haven't even implement in our future targets!

People sacked or quit in crazy numbers. Not very stable environment.

Some of the medical team are really good and well educated , the rest of the staff is totally random.

Find people with relevant experience for the relevant departments . You cannot hire ppl with marketing experience for the accounts. I have not seen this things happening anywhere else.

Lack of transparency, expertise and biased career growth

Current Employee - Analysis in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analysis in London, England (UK)

I have been working at International SOS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot think of any except for if one is unable to find a job and is given an opportunity here. But also it can be good for doctors/medics who want to pursue a corporate career and work as consultants to large companies. Other than that this company has a lot of dissatisfied employees in other departments.

Cons

No evaluation process for mid level managers, people are hired for roles they have no experience in and lack the soft skills. I sit besides the service delivery team and have often witnessed the screaming and abusive behaviour of their manager. But this goes unnoticed easily and senior management is unaware of it. It's hard to put across word to HR for fear of losing job. In other teams, females are not promoted easily as management thinks that they would get pregnant and not continue. So it's a very frustrating environment to be in, people are judged by their skills of sweet communication and this brings in a lot of performance inefficiencies!!!

For managers- a formal evaluation process is a must especially for mid-level managers who go easily unnoticed. A 360 degree review should be implemented and feedback taken seriously.
    For all employees - To improve efficiency it's important to invest in good HR practices, invest in people and training them, engaging with them for better performance and results is the need.

There are newer employer reviews for International SOS