International Sports Management
www.ism-usa.com Chicago, IL 50 to 149 Employees

For the ambitious who can get past rejection, a good opportunity for short-term as well as long-term growth.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

Pros-Commissions uncapped.
-Fun co-workers, nice office space/location.
-Good for individuals w/ very little sales experience but have a passion for both sales & sports, or for someone with outside B2B sales experience who don't want to constantly be on the road.
-Great experience w/ CRM program "SalesForce" for all sales staff.
-Business/revenue is doing well, good opportunity for quick advancement into leadership role (6 months).

Cons-Can be a nightmare for the wrong person who is not committed to growing through a difficult but manageable learning curve. Those interested in "trying sales" instead of committing to it should not apply.
-Can be difficult at times to get through to the decision-makers (CEO's, COO's, Presidents, etc).
-Wearing ties each day is a bit of an overkill.

Advice to Senior Management-Taking chances from time to time on new employees who have zero sales experience but supposed "good work ethic" (hence why some of the ridiculous previous reviews/comments on this site, some true, most just sour grapes...and the telemarketing bit is hilarious and couldn't be farther from the truth) hinders your time to spend w/ committed staff.
-More of a consistent retraining, just like some of the previous reviews already state, is definitely necessary. Give us more of your broad insight vs. just simply on decisions & basic sales acumen. SVP needs to spend more time w/ A.E.'s on a daily basis.

For the right individual it can be very rewarding.

Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at International Sports Management full-time for more than a year

Pros: Definitely plenty of room to grow within the company. Ability to… Cons: Days can be long at times if you dont put… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to be a helpful tool for other employees throughout… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Opportunity for Personal & Financial Growth

Portland, OR

I have been working at International Sports Management full-time

Pros: -High compensation potential -Gained experience in communicating effectively with C-level executives -Fun work environment with great co-workers -Computers w/ CRM… Cons: The office does get a bit cold sometimes.... especially during… Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on International Sports Management.

Worked for International Sports Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Sports Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Sports Management CEO James Metzger. All reviews posted anonymously by International Sports Management employees.