Challenging and Frustrating, Yet Satisfying and Rewarding

Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at International Sports Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had some outside sales experience when interviewing for the company and was hired. It took a bit for me to get going but once I fully comprehended the process, I accelerated at it. Great compensation plan, you get to work in a team environment with constant support but you are also responsible for writing your own paychecks. Great experience dealing with C level executives and lots of satisfaction closing large deals (whether my manager helped me or not). It can be a very challenging position with huge upside potential for the right individual willing to put in the work. Can't treat this like a job, you must show up ready to work each day.

Cons

Very frustrating to start if you are not comfortable dealing with C-level executives. Also, it takes a lot of persistence to get around gate keepers or assistance but this should be expected. Even though it is an 8-5 m-f, some days seem longer than others. Need to wear a tie once a month.

Advice to Management

Again, keep retraining staff. I would like more guidance or direction on different researching methods when my leads dry up. I would like to learn more about the closing process and different techniques used to be a successful salesman.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. For the ambitious who can get past rejection, a good opportunity for short-term as well as long-term growth.

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

-Commissions uncapped. -Fun co-workers, nice office space/location. -Good for individuals w/ very little sales experience but have a passion for both sales & sports, or for someone with outside B2B sales experience who don't want to constantly be on the road. -Great experience w/ CRM program "SalesForce" for all sales staff. -Business/revenue is doing well, good opportunity for quick advancement into leadership role (6 months).

Cons

-Can be a nightmare for the wrong person who is not committed to growing through a difficult but manageable learning curve. Those interested in "trying sales" instead of committing to it should not apply. -Can be difficult at times to get through to the decision-makers (CEO's, COO's, Presidents, etc). -Wearing ties each day is a bit of an overkill.

Advice to Management

-Taking chances from time to time on new employees who have zero sales experience but supposed "good work ethic" (hence why some of the ridiculous previous reviews/comments on this site, some true, most just sour grapes...and the telemarketing bit is hilarious and couldn't be farther from the truth) hinders your time to spend w/ committed staff. -More of a consistent retraining, just like some of the previous reviews already state, is definitely necessary. Give us more of your broad insight vs. just simply on decisions & basic sales acumen. SVP needs to spend more time w/ A.E.'s on a daily basis.

2. For the right individual it can be very rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at International Sports Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Definitely plenty of room to grow within the company. Ability to gain experience interacting with top executives. Good work enviroment/co-workers. Increased communication abilities.

Cons

Days can be long at times if you dont put in the necessary work. Sub-par office coffee.

Advice to Management

Continue to be a helpful tool for other employees throughout the day/ more rigorous training process should be in place.