Internet Brands

www.internetbrands.com

Build your Resume and MOVE ON!

Former Employee - Sales  in  El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Sales in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Gain lots of new skills.
Secure Job - Little "Firing" going on - see why in "Cons"
Great place to build your resume.
Work in a professional environment.
Friendly coworkers.
Nice View

Cons

As others have mentioned, IB's compensation package is almost slave wage. I've seen many people with Masters Degree earning $10 to $12 an hr, It's really sickening when the CEO of the company mentions that selling the company to the new owners has added him another "0" to his bank account while his employees can barely pay enough for food in the office vending machines.

Management will smile and be nice to you, but it's just a facade to the underlying issue - which is a VERY VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE! Their careers page visualizes it.

The employees (earning $12hr) that do stay here for more than a year have no confidence in themselves and want a "Secure" job. Little firings/layoffs going on because they can't find enough individuals willing to work for that type of wage- in industry standard, it's less than a fraction of what you can make elsewhere.

Build your Resume here and leverage it to move onto new opportunities. This is a JOB not a Career.

Treat your employees like human beings. Compensate them with a living wage. Offering competitive compensation packages will keep talent. Stop abusing your Human Resources to find you people willing to work for low wage.

Other reviews for Internet Brands

Company fought hard to survive!

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Worked there back in the Carsdirect days. Lots of smart and competent folks in the IT departments, some of the best UI designers I've ever met. Cordial atmosphere once you're accepted in as a competent IT resource.

Cons

Things often done on a shoestring, long hours, difficult architecture to integrate with and within.

Not sure at this point, but I know that the turnover was killer back in the day - make sure to fix that if it's still the case.

good place to learn different web technologies for entry level

Former Employee - Intern  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA

Pros

It was a pretty decent work environment. I got along with my supervisors and they were generally happy as long as I got work done. I had to time to study things that were of interest to me.

Cons

The pay is really low for this industry and you are given very little direction so getting work done can isn't as efficient as it could be. I also worked on sites that were rather old and had little documentation.

Definitely more competitive pay would be advisable and and upgrading rather than patching sites would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Internet Brands.

Worked for Internet Brands? Contribute to the Community!