Internet Brands

There are newer employer reviews for Internet Brands

HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Internet Brands part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team! Fun environment to work in. Great place to learn.

Cons

No growth opportunities. No direct goals. Just another person in the company.

Employee recognition.

161 Other Employee Reviews for Internet Brands (View Most Recent)

Good company and fun work environment

Current Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Open office makes for a fun place to work. People are all friendly and helpful. This is an amazing job and I'm glad I came to work here.

Cons

Hard to have any cons at this point. The money could be better, but where isn't that true?

Bought out and shut down

Current Employee - Customer Service in Syosset, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Syosset, NY

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Any pro's that I previously had for this company have been completely reversed in the last two months. It WAS a wonderful place to work, with a great culture and casual environment. Read below

Cons

I imagine the corporate office at Internet Brands may have a different opinion, but I work for one of the companies that was acquired (Baystone Media). We were ensured that while the name on the door was changing, nothing about our office, workload or culture would change. For the first 10 months, this was true. Recently, after five employees left the company for better opportunities within a month's span, it was clear re-hiring was not a priority for IB. Workload was dumped onto other employees with no incentive, including managerial responsibilities. We were then informed that a "back up team" had been created and was ALREADY fully trained to "help" out, based at one of the other IB offices in Chicago. The back-up team came on board with more employees than the number of people left in our customer service department, which was both disturbing and shocking that we were not informed that these people were learning our jobs prior to them swooping in to seemingly save the day (Full training would have taken at least 6 weeks). After a month it became clear that this "back-up" team was not trained to help us, but to replace us. We were informed that our office would be shutting down and the Chicago team would take over, laying off every employee in our office (including those who have worked hard for more than 5 years).

If you are going to continue acquiring businesses and then shutting down their successful offices, make sure you have a competent person training our replacements. It's an embarrassment what this back-up team is doing. Good luck in maintaining the company you spent so much money to buy out.

There are newer employer reviews for Internet Brands