Interpublic Group

First job and nice boss

Current Employee - Disbursement Associate
Current Employee - Disbursement Associate

I have been working at Interpublic Group

Pros

Several company events and friendly environment

Cons

No raise due to economy

N/A

65 Other Employee Reviews for Interpublic Group (View Most Recent)

Too corporate

I worked at Interpublic Group

Pros

The benefits are good. There is some opportunity to work across companies held by Interpublic Group. I like the ERG's.

Cons

It is a very corporate environment. Although it is in the creative industry, many new ideas are rejected because of corporate ideology.

Create a more inclusive environment. Many decisions are made behind close doors without input from employees. If you're going to hire someone in a management role, give his/her future direct reports an opportunity to meet them first

Clueless management, bad atmosphere

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Brussels (Belgium)
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Brussels (Belgium)

I worked at Interpublic Group

Pros

It's a good place to start working in advertising. The network is still substantial and some of the clients are good to work for. There is a desire to do things differently. Maybe the place will get back it's vibe once the whole industry revives as well. Young people often get substantial responsibility early on in their career.

Cons

The atmosphere is just plain rotten. Cost cutting has started to undermine all motivation.
    The only news we get from senior management is that they've seen the light and that we're a team
    and we're all going digital which is as substantive and credible as a 60's ad for soap. There is a culture of making excuses and cooperation between the various silos is just not working.

Get some professional middle management in, preferrably not from the ad industry to install proper procedures and motivation. Stop raving about being a creative powerhouse when you're not.

There are newer employer reviews for Interpublic Group