Interpublic Group

www.interpublic.com
There are newer employer reviews for Interpublic Group

Manager

I have been working at Interpublic Group full-time

Pros

fun group of people to work with

Cons

long hours.
low pay
drinking problems among senior management

Get pass the midlife crisis

65 Other Employee Reviews for Interpublic Group (View Most Recent)

No Training

I worked at Interpublic Group

Pros

Great holidays - 12! Two weeks of vacation the first year.

Cons

No training. No organization. I played Scrabble for the first two weeks. I begged for any type of assignment, but no one knew what I would be doing... When I was given an assignment, I was told there were no SOPs in place. Training was almost non-existent. Manager would assign project but be too busy to walk me through it - or taking her dog to the vet - or getting her nails done - or home with her kids - or going to the dentist. If I couldn't finish a project, manager would finish it but not tell me how it was done. Communication was not high on the list of priorities.

SOPS should be an integral part of every department. I don't know if my department was an exception - or the norm. With SOPS, new employees can hit the ground running. Absences can be covered efficiently. Communication can be moved up in importance. Work can get done efficiently - the first time. I would strongly recommend that each employee know what they are doing and why. I spoke with my manager several times regarding a lack of direction. There was no response until my last (and only) HR meeting when I was told the job and I were not a match. Luckily, I had determined that my manager and I were not a match earlier.

Very welcoming internship experience for a rising second-year in college

Current Employee - Intern in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Current Employee - Intern in Taipei (Taiwan)

I have been working at Interpublic Group as an intern

Pros

The people there were laid-back and very helpful. Taught me to use a lot of relevant software, though may be dated compared to HK, Japan, or other Interpublic offices. Made sure I had a lot of opportunities to practice them and understand how they tied in with the client reports and presentations. Assistant at meetings.

Cons

Perhaps should have allocated more work to interns. I prepared weekly client reports for six weeks -- very repetitive. Sometimes had nothing to do for the entire day. I could have learned a lot more about advertisement and marketing. Colleagues did not seem passionate about their job.

There are newer employer reviews for Interpublic Group