There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Bakeries

Not recommended for the average person

I have been working at Interstate Bakeries

Pros

A great place to work for people with limited education or mental abilities, good compensation and benefits

Custodians and cashiers get paid $17 an hour

Cons

Union culture, senority rules, work performance does not reap any benefits, limited advancement opportunities.

You can come to work on time everyday and do a great job or you can slack off take long breaks, call out, and have a better paycheck than the dummy that does everything right.

Advice to Management

If there is any way possible to rid the company of all union agreements, please do so... (it is impossible to have a performance culture)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. District Sales Manager

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Interstate Bakeries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hostess Brands was a good company, with committed employees. The company was making positive changes to advance positive future growth.

Cons

The company shut down; due to unresolved issues from strike,that the Bakers Union issued. The company rights was sold, in 2013. No field managers.

Worst job ever

I worked at Interstate Bakeries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job when I needed one, but I didn't like it. Going to some Wal Marts was a big pain as the person who ran the back door could be really creepy and make you wait outside even though it was raining.

Cons

Had to be at work at 2 AM and didn't leave until 5 PM . Management tried to tell us when we had to be at each store - even though some of the stores weren't open when we were supposed to be there.

Advice to Management

Glad you went broke, because you guys were just dumb as rocks.Just because you paid some guy who was supposed to fix everything, because you didn't ask or listen to the people who did the work, you went bankrupt.