There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels

Hard work will be noticed and rewarded - you can advance your career if flexible and patient.

Current Employee - Banquets in Lancaster, PA
Current Employee - Banquets in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels

Pros

Better pay for entry level positions as compared to competitors. GM and most Executive Committee Memebers are available. Most department heads are willing to encourage cross department cooperation to ensure guest satisfaction and ease of job completion. Brand new facility and equipment! This is such a pleasure! Strict Time and Attendance Policy - be sure to understand this before you start working!

Cons

At our property - most entry level positions start as on-call. This, in my experience speaking to others about where I work, is a drawback. When I am asked about benefits, like health insurance and vacation, I have to say I don't know - because many long term employees are still on-call after a year or more of almost fulltime or even overtime hours. Strict Time and Attendance Policy - be sure to understand this before you start working!

Advice to Management

Establish a path of employment for the on-call employees so that they can get benefits. The on-call status, is often recogonized, by the employees, as cost savings tool. But it also clearly sends a message that the employee is not valued enough to invest in their lives by offering benefits (Health Insurance, Vacation, Sick)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Management very incompetent

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Interstate Hotels

Pros

Interstate has many hotels under its direction...and is a growing company

Cons

Poor comunication between employees and company. Senior management not on site.

Advice to Management

Really get to know what the GM's are doing, not just the stat sheets.

2. My experience with Interstate Hotels has been positive and is very optimistic.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Interstate Hotels

Pros

They have a great benefits program. They also have a good system for sick and vacation days once you have accumulated enough based on how many hours per week you are working.

Cons

The attendance policy has very strict consequences.