Interstate Hotels

www.interstatehotels.com
  www.interstatehotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels

Great place to work, If you want to work in a Marriott like Hotel Company.

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Night Auditor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company cares for and looks out for their employees. They expect a lot out of their employees but also reward them as well.

Cons

The only problem I have is they they do not offer tuition reimbursement, It is almost like telling an employee that we like you where you are, you will not move up.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Interstate Hotels (View Most Recent)

Incredible.

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Interstate Hotels part-time (less than an year)

Pros

My boss lets me learn and make mistakes but holds me accountable to everything so I can become better at my craft and I can grow where I want to grow. Not for the feint of heart or people that need their hand held.

Cons

Some people may find the productivity expectations a bit challenging. I took them as an opportunity to grow and become more efficient with my time and resources.

Keep pushing! Our Guests expect the best!

Depends on the Hotel Property

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interstate's the largest third party management company in the country so it's very established. There're over 300 hotels in its portfolio within the US so there's plenty of places to move around to within the company if you're willing to relocate (the fastest way to climb up the ladder). Interstate is constantly growing and acquiring new properties so the portfolio's always expanding. Most of the upper management (Executive Committee) are very caring, good people willing to teach and guide you. However, this really varies on which property you're at.

Cons

Takes a long time to get promoted no matter how recognized you are and how hard you work. There's no bonus system in place for anyone that's below an Assistant Director level so there's no incentive to work hard and do well. The pay and benefits are not that great, especially compared to the hotel brand companies (ie. Starwood, Four Seasons, etc.) A huge portion of their close to 400 hotel portfolio are small select-service hotels in the middle of nowhere. From personal experience, I've worked with some extremely horrible EC level people. They broke industry principles, lacked managerial skills, and were extremely condescending employees and other department heads. Everyone knew this and even corporate stepped in to send an HR manager and Senior VP to assess the situation but nothing was done. Needless to say, I'm not very motivated to stay with the company anymore after all this.

Focus more on management training program and developing younger talent. When there's an issue that's constantly being flagged at a property, deal with it. Don't just send in HR to talk to the employees on their feelings. If nothing is done, employees only suffer more.

There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels