Interstate Hotels
www.interstatehotels.com Arlington, VA 5000+ Employees

Do not value employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRegional people act like they cared but when it came down to it all the people who spoke up about a bully GM were all fired/ran out/resigned within a couple of months.

ConsStood behind a mean, manipulating GM who bullied his employees. Even when corporate HR had been in there to investigate along with regional people they still stood behind this behavior. It was an atmosphere of fear and hostility.

Good Management Company

Director of Revenue Management (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

I worked at Interstate Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay. Solid corporate structure. Pleanty of hotels nationwide to… Cons: Big company mentality. Advancement stagnates at mid manager level. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard-times hotel operator

Manager (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Interstate Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Many local properties have autonomy over their operations. -Local management is empowered to make decisions on day-to-day operations. -Mid-size operator… Cons: -Only takes action to improve a property when it has reached a crisis. -Senior management doesn't seem knowledgable of property-level issues. … Advice to Senior Management: Take some serious action on property-level issues that come to your attention. Establish values that are properly communicated and adhered to. Only accept… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Interstate Hotels.

Worked for Interstate Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interstate Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interstate Hotels CEO Jim Abrahamson. All reviews posted anonymously by Interstate Hotels employees.