Interstate Hotels

www.interstatehotels.com
  www.interstatehotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels

No growth or value of employees

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Spokane, WA
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The job provides benefits to full time employees.

Cons

Benefits cost way to much for an employee to afford good coverage. No chance of advancement cause they promote friends of higher ups. Management doesn't reward loyalty or treat long time employees with any respect.

Show your employees that have been loyal and stayed with the company for years so respect. Even if it isn't advancement where possible at least think of them first with regaurds to schedules and holidays

68 Other Employee Reviews for Interstate Hotels (View Most Recent)

An ok company

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interstate is the largest hotel management company in the world...you always have opportunities (although most are lateral moves)!

Cons

Management does not seem to be consistent for each hotel...the culture of the hotel is really dependent on which ownership group management is reporting to. Most of my co-workers, including myself, do not have a work-life balance and are not appreciated for the work they do. Teams are always understaffed and management thinks we can do more with less people in order to make ownership more money.

Spend more money on talent, training and recognition....it will go a long way for employee satisfaction AND hotel service.

A good company to grow with

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time

Pros

Stable with great opportunities to advance. The company keeps a list of employees to watch for advancement, and always looks within before outside. They are a great company to work with, and while large, do make efforts to make you feel like family.

Cons

They manage for a great deal of owners; the communication and expectations can a challenge given you truly serve two masters in my position. I will say, even these challenges do assist you in buidling your craft, and do not detract from my happiness in my position.

There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels