Interstate Hotels

www.interstatehotels.com
  www.interstatehotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels

Worked with a great team

Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Guest Services Agent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really enjoyed my co-workers. The managers empowered us to solve problems for guests on our own. The benefits were good, with inexpensive medical coverage. Pay was decent. Great recognition for a job well done, generally felt valued as an employee.

Cons

Communication between departments, at least in the large hotel I worked at was lacking, so it made completing some tasks difficult. Assistant managers were supportive but were very overworked, usually working 60+ hours a week while higher level managers were going home earlier. I constantly felt bad for them.

Assistant mangers were overworked, needed to have at least three assistant mangers at the front desk instead of just two.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Interstate Hotels (View Most Recent)

An ok company

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Interstate is the largest hotel management company in the world...you always have opportunities (although most are lateral moves)!

Cons

Management does not seem to be consistent for each hotel...the culture of the hotel is really dependent on which ownership group management is reporting to. Most of my co-workers, including myself, do not have a work-life balance and are not appreciated for the work they do. Teams are always understaffed and management thinks we can do more with less people in order to make ownership more money.

Spend more money on talent, training and recognition....it will go a long way for employee satisfaction AND hotel service.

No growth or value of employees

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The job provides benefits to full time employees.

Cons

Benefits cost way to much for an employee to afford good coverage. No chance of advancement cause they promote friends of higher ups. Management doesn't reward loyalty or treat long time employees with any respect.

Show your employees that have been loyal and stayed with the company for years so respect. Even if it isn't advancement where possible at least think of them first with regaurds to schedules and holidays

There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels