Interstate Hotels

www.interstatehotels.com
  www.interstatehotels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels

My experience with Interstate Hotels has been positive and is very optimistic.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Interstate Hotels

Pros

They have a great benefits program. They also have a good system for sick and vacation days once you have accumulated enough based on how many hours per week you are working.

Cons

The attendance policy has very strict consequences.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Interstate Hotels (View Most Recent)

Plenty of room for advancement...if you have the patience.

Current Employee - Night Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Night Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Interstate Hotels

Pros

This position was great for building independend management skills. In every shift, I filled the role of MOD over the entire property allowing me some input on the overall operations of the property.
    Plenty of room for advancement.
    Laid-back working environment.
    Some great benefits (room discounts, insurance, etc.).
    Advancement not based on seniority.

Cons

Everyone seems to have their own way of doing things, with no consistency in methods or procedure.
    Lower level employees don't seem to be held accountable for very much. Accountability varies widely from manager to manager.
    I am hourly, but sometimes feel treated as though I am salary, often receiving phone calls while I am not on te clock. I am also not typically allowed weekends or any special events off. This is something that I was told after already starting the job, but would have been nice to have been told during the interview process.

In reference to the property I worked at, in order become the property it strives toward the hotel needs to make some wide-sweeping changes to proceedure and require more consistency with the way its employees function.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Interstate Hotels

Pros

Managed by Interstate Hotels which has a great reputation as a hotel franchiser. Limited opportunity for advancement at this location though. May be better at other locations. Does not cover relo costs or encourage relocation to other cities like other hotel management companies.

Cons

Poor upper management (GM) that does not seem to care about its employees. Non-supportive GM that doesnt seem to do anything but sit in his office all day and watch the news and youtube while delegating his work to his managers and assistant. Very unprofessional towards customers and other employees as well. Many instances I witnessed GM yelling at other employees and being rude to guests. Not a good role model to subordinates because of this. The rest of the team is great to work with but overall it is a very negative environment since you feel like you are always walking on eggshells with upper management.

Fire upper management. Lack the skills to management a team and create a positive working environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Interstate Hotels