Intertech (Minnesota)

www.intertech.com
  www.intertech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intertech (Minnesota)

The best employer I've had In my 20+ year career!

Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Eagan, MN
Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Welcoming and knowledgeable peers. Management is fantastic: strong commitment to work-life balance, truly listens to and considers ideas/feedback from staff. Above average compensation, bonuses, and frequent recognition / rewards for exceptional work. Fantastic projects and clients. I hope to retire here!

Cons

Intertech provides the best because they expect the best. This is one of the more selective employers I've ever worked for (and thus, it's harder to get a job here than it may be at other companies).

Management is frequently soliciting feedback (this includes a yearly "town hall" where questions and feedback are aggregated from the team and submitted to management). This is the first company I've worked for that has been so receptive to new ideas from those outside of management. So, my only advice is to continue with this practice and attitude.

May 21, 2014Partner

We hope you retire here as well!! We appreciate your sharing your feedback, and hope it will encourage others like yourself to consider joining our firm. We're very proud of our team and what they ... More

10 Other Employee Reviews for Intertech (Minnesota) (View Most Recent)

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intertech has been a great place for me personally. Their culture is very positive and rewarding for us techincal folks. We get to work on great projects always doing new & different things that what I was used to in a corp IT dept. I get to learn a lot about our clients businesses, and see how the work I do for them makes a difference in their business. Also we have won a ton of "best places to work" type awards from different sources, which is what caught my attention, and now I see why. I would encourage anyone to give them serious consideration.

Cons

You must be a motivated person to keep your skills current and be naturally curious & passionate about technology. If not, this may not be the best place for you. If so, you'll love it.

Continue to give us opportunities to grow our skills and branch out into new areas as well as ways for use to demonstrate our knowledge & experience (blogs and speaking have been great way for me to do this). Keep doing what you're doing, it's why I love it and stay.

May 21, 2014Partner

It's great to hear you enjoy getting to solve different business challenges for our clients. We agree that a certain amount of passion is required to do this job, but for those that are, this is a ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have been voted by multiple publications as a "Best Place to Work".
    They listen to employees, host yearly town hall event to gather employee feedback on the business and incorporate the feedback into their business planning and let us know what they will do from the list and what they won't be and WHY.
    Coworkers are all very competent and approachable.
    Use technologies to keep us connect to each other even if we are dispersed at client sites
    Monthly meetings to update us on the business
    Events a couple times a year to get everyone together face to face and stay connected
    In my experience, always willing to listen to feedback
    Sane management
    Support us in our development and removing roadblock or hassles for us or our customers.
    We get to work on cool projects, clients trust/respect us

Cons

Wish it was closer to home
    If you do a lot of work from client location, harder to stay connected (vs. working in a more corp environment)
    Really need to keep your skills current with where the market is and where it is headed.

Continue to do what you have been, you seem to have a winning recipe.

May 21, 2014Partner

Thank you for you 10yrs of service to Intertech and our clients. We look forward to your next 10yrs with us!! Time to start planning your next sabbatical!

There are newer employer reviews for Intertech (Minnesota)