There are newer employer reviews for Intertek

Good company overall but overall work satisfaction depends on region where you are working.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Intertek

Pros

Worldwide operations offer many opportunities.

Cons

Some senior management worked their way up through the ranks but received little management training other than reporting. It can seem like a large mom and pop company where decisions are made based on personal relationships not performance.

125 Other Employee Reviews for Intertek (View Most Recent)

A revolving door

Former Employee - Test Engineer  in  Cortland, NY
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Cortland, NY

I worked at Intertek

Pros

For the first half of the month people are fairly laid back and not too pushy about work.
    There is an enjoyable work dynamic with co-workers.

Cons

The last week of every month is a mad dash to complete work. Poor communication between project engineers, lab techs, sales. Very repetitive work
    Management is usually not satisfied with amount of work completed.
    Management gets a bonus when I go beyond quota, but I see no extra pay

When a team goes beyond the months quota, reward the entire team, not just the team manager. Figure out a better way of communicating between project engineers, sales, management, etc

Intertek

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Intertek

Pros

Great company that is changing the industry. As a FTSE 100 company. We have the power to move into any industry sector where we see growth opportunities and the people to make sure we are successful.

Cons

While the compensation is very good, Intertek has a habit of focusing on percent over quota without including weighting factors like total revenue or industry vertical as a points of recognition. Top sales people are not typically recognized by management to the organization or individual.

Intertek is very lean on management. There are only three levels between sales and the NA President. Some employees may seek more directions and feedback. Others strive and achieve great things within a culture of entrepreneurship and self-development.

There are newer employer reviews for Intertek

Worked for Intertek? Contribute to the Community!