There are newer employer reviews for Intervise Consultants

It's Just a Paycheck - Literally!

Current Employee - Consultant / Applications Trainer  in  Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Consultant / Applications Trainer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Intervise Consultants

Pros

Intervise is essentially a staffing company. The work being performed is not for Intervise, but for one of Intervise's clients - most often large U.S. Government contractors. Intervise employees work around the globe and many never set foot in the "Home Office" or know more than a handful of other Intervise employees. The likelihood of being micro managed is practically non-existent. On the other hand the account managers frequently check to see that the employees in the field are not having any problems or issues that have not been reported to them.

Cons

Intervise provides no incentive for employee development or advancement within the company. There are also no regular performance evaluations and feedback. If one asks for a salary increase and the stars are alligned just so, then a salary adjustment might be awarded. If one doesn't request a raise, it will never be offered regardless of whether the employee is an average performer or does a stellar job.

Benefits aren't the greatest in the world. Health, life and dental insurance is available but additional life insurance through the company isn't. An employee can accrue 120 hours of Paid Time Off per year. To a healthy employee it is likely to be all vacation. However, a bout with the flu or several upper respiratory problems a year means vacation was spent in bed sick. There is a 401K plan and the company does match, but doesn't specify what the match will be.
Timekeeping can become tedious. I must keep three time sheets, a bi-weekly one for the site where I work, a weekly one for the contractor to which I report and a semi-monthly one for Intervise.

It would be nice to have information about the company I work for. Don't keep your best assetts in a vacuum.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Intervise Consultants (View Most Recent)

Best company I ever worked for. If you work for Intervise Consultants, you are very lucky.

Former Employee - Software Tester  in  Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Software Tester in Newport News, VA

I worked at Intervise Consultants as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

When ever I had a question, issue, concern about the job or contract, pay or hours, all I had to do was call and I got an immediate resolution from a real human who actually cared about me as a person. When was the last time you called HR or Recruiting and it went like this: Ring Ring Hello (your name here). Incredible.

Working for Intervise is like being in a family where the employees are valued and everyone knows you and looks out for you. I actually have met the top leadership who go out of their way to personally make morale visits, pay for lunch, and make you feel glad to be working for them. They don't even want anything, just to say hello and hang out and make sure you like working for them. Almost too good to be true, wish I had found out about Intervise Consultants years ago.

Cons

I cannot think of anything bad to say about the company itself. The company is so good, that I will not even consider working with another in the future unless absolutely necessary.

Just keep doing what your doing, don't change a thing.

Not time well spent

Current Employee - Courseware Tester  in  Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Courseware Tester in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Intervise Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

I only had an 8 mile drive to work

Cons

The pay was very low,there was no 401K and the Dental benefit was next to worthless.

There are newer employer reviews for Intervise Consultants

Worked for Intervise Consultants? Contribute to the Community!