There are newer employer reviews for Intrawest

Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Instructor  in  Frisco, CO
Current Employee - Instructor in Frisco, CO

I have been working at Intrawest

Pros

Great Training, Great great people working there, awesome mountain, friendly customers, non restrictive management, good altitude, great snow, awesome events

Cons

Poor upper level management, secluded village, poor wages, poor benefits, poor opportunities as a new instructor to take higher level groups, lack of privates, complete lack of tips.

Bring wages and benefits up to scratch with close by resorts (Vail). Give instructors oppurtinities to teach higher level classes so they can properly prepare for certs.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Intrawest (View Most Recent)

Declining benefits and pay for employees will surely result in declining revenues.

Current Employee - Building Maintenance Supervisor  in  Frisco, CO
    Current Employee - Building Maintenance Supervisor in Frisco, CO

I have been working at Intrawest

Pros

Free ski pass, six plus months of WINTER, high altitude cardio training, pine beetle experiment in action, logging truck competitions on the local highway, learning French language soon

Cons

Declining pay and benefits year after year are not the nuturing attributes I need from an employer even if we are owned by a broke hedge fund Fortress. Excuses are like bad jobs, everyone has one so sack up Intrawest and Free us from Fortress.

You have to have a clue to get real , so start asking some questions of people who were employed when it was fun. We all have the answers however you are reluctant to ask it. Figure it out.

Focus back on the business instead of just the cash!

I have been working at Intrawest

Pros

Great locations, many fun people work for the company.

Cons

Has become a completely cash focused, short time horizon company - does not seem to be thinking or working with any future in mind.

Communicate better - we understand things if they are explained to us, and will be more than happy to help.

There are newer employer reviews for Intrawest

Worked for Intrawest? Contribute to the Community!