Intrepid Learning Solutions

www.intrepidls.com
  www.intrepidls.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intrepid Learning Solutions

Great place for those who make it happen for themselves.

Current Employee - Consultant/Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Consultant/Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Intrepid Learning Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working for Intrepid means working with some excellent, well known, organizations (Intrepid's clients). The work is challenging and flexible. Intrepid does its best when we're solving complex business challenges and are enabling our clients' business strategy. High performers are truly able to succeed.

A great place for people who consider themselves in charge of their careers. Quality of work, strong execution, and bright ideas are rewarded with opportunities for advancement and promotion. You can truly create your own career path here. People who wait for opportunity to be handed to them, or expect a traditional corporate career path will be disappointed.

Great flexibility in schedule and opportunities to telecommute. Majority of professional services team are remote employees. Very generous PTO.

Cons

Intrepid can be slow to manage low performers out of the organization, which can sometimes have a negative impact on morale.

Intrepid is a small company and is unable to offer a 401k match.

Don't avoid the tough conversations about performance. The new strategy provides an opportunity to redefine the talent requirements and make-up of the company.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Intrepid Learning Solutions (View Most Recent)

Better than unemployment

Former Employee - Instructor/Assessor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Instructor/Assessor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Intrepid Learning Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

High hourly rate, plenty of (unpaid) time off, I really don't have much positive to say about this company. I left and have never looked back.

Cons

Unstable schedule, less than 40 hours per week, lots of local travel, no real career advancement. They have you sign a non-compete agreement with worldwide scope preventing you from working at any other training company, which is unenforceable.

Lack of direction and experience at the top.

I have been working at Intrepid Learning Solutions (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with some pretty amazing individuals. They are smart and good at what they do.

Cons

You can have the best employees but if the leaders can't make even a basic plan, it's all a waste. Priorities are constantly changing and people don't seem very excited to be at work. I can't say that I blame them. Many of the executives don't seem to have the ability to make solid business decisions. Don't know if its because many come from a learning background but I think it's not good for the company.

Wake up and see what's going on at your company and commit to make real change! Bring in some new talent at the executive level who has experience growing a company.

There are newer employer reviews for Intrepid Learning Solutions