Intrinsic Consulting

www.intrinsicconsultinginc.com
  www.intrinsicconsultinginc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intrinsic Consulting

Supportive team environment with opportunity to learn new skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Intrinsic Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are some of the most welcoming and supportive I have ever known. Help with always there when you need and and they take a person interest in the development of their employees. Definitely opportunity to be successful for people who can get through training and utilize the coaching.

I also really like that there is an opportunity to travel to local and national business conferences.

Cons

Definitely not a good fit for everyone, but they take time to demonstrate to the responsibilities of the position to make sure they move forward with people who fully understand the position and are interested in it.

The office space needs to be spruced up!

7 Other Employee Reviews for Intrinsic Consulting (View Most Recent)

Not a bad starter job

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Framingham, MA

I worked at Intrinsic Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being your own boss, having built-in management training, learning about telecommunications, great networking opportunities, good resume building experience

Cons

Benefits (base salary, healthcare, automotive expenses) not provided. No PTO, no 401(k)(b) plans, no coverage if you become sick or injured on the job.

Offer a base salary for talented and dedicated employees and take care of them-they will take care of you!

I have no respect for door to door sales.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Framingham, MA

I worked at Intrinsic Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

All of the training is done in-house by your peers, who can get just about anybody up to speed on product knowledge and sales systems. The atmosphere of the office is positive and fun, mostly because everyone who works there is in their early-mid twenties. Negotiating and closing are two very important job skills, and I really do think everybody should work some sort of sales job in their life. Working at Intrinsic is a fast way to get that experience.

Cons

Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot while working at Intrinsic Consulting/Sharp Acquisitions, but the bottom line is, direct sales is a gritty industry with a high turnover rate for a reason. The hours are long (60+ / week), it's 100% commission (so you might make over $1K in a week or you might only make a hundred bucks), there are no benefits and no vacation time. They will hire ANYBODY who will start, in hopes that their recruiting law of averages will score the company some long-term players. You are constantly being sold on the long term opportunity, a pie-in-the-sky goal of becoming a 'Senior National Consultant' making millions of dollars a year. Fact is, less than 5% of people who work for the umbrella company, Cydcor, actually make it into management, and very few managers make it into consultant-level positions. But the only way people will keep coming in is if they have faith that they can be super successful if they recruit and train enough new guys and then open up a new office as a manager.

Aside from the false image of opportunity, my biggest problem with Intrinsic was that I just wasn't passionate about the work. If you're a recent college graduate and you can't find a job in your field but you want to get dressed up in a suit every day and work your butt off for 10 hours a day 6 days a week like you're actually an employable professional, and you're okay having little to no time to see your friends or family because you're too busy knocking on doors trying to sell Verizon FiOS, then this is the place for you! Otherwise, find a respectable job and stay away from Intrinsic.

Matt Griffith and Rebecca Lancaon are great people, but once people start catching on to how hard and unrewarding teaching and managing sales representatives it becomes very difficult for them to keep selling the opportunity. The whole "pay now, play later" thing sounds great at first but it just gets old pretty quick.

There are newer employer reviews for Intrinsic Consulting

Worked for Intrinsic Consulting? Contribute to the Community!