There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Intuit is on the way to huge growth

Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit makes software that solves real problems in a way that is so simple, you can't imagine going back. The say/do ratio is better here than any other company I've worked for, and there is a sense of pride in our products, our diversity, and our future.

Cons

Joining Intuit means you're joining a family, a family you're connected to, sometimes even on weekends. Work/life balance is supported here, but you have to be assertive about your limits. There will always be more that needs to be done!

Advice to Management

We are working at making decisions faster, so we're making progress, but need to continue to push decisions out into the field where the work is being done.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company with a good strategy to win customers...needs to become far more agile and willing to make big trade-offs.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great people, great benefits. The rewards and recognition programs are set up very well.

Cons

Politics, matrixed organization makes you feel lost and handcuffed at times.

Advice to Management

Offshore support? Start thinking tomorrow instead of yesterday. Tap into our accountant partners, ISPs, and RSPs to handle more support load. They will love you for the business, we will save money on outsourced expenses, and help businesses here in the US succeed.

2. Nice people, but needs to get things going

Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Easy going, open and honest work environment. You never feel like anyone is out to get you and the environment is very collaborative. The leadership at Intuit has evolved to be more innovative and risk taking. Before, one of the reasons to work for Intuit was that you had a job with a nice safe company. The voice of employees matters to the highest leaders. This company sticks by it's 10 operating values like it's nobody's business.

Cons

The company seems to be stuck to the past. Also, employees have no strong incentive to share their best ideas. The best ideas come from those with the capitalist instinct. An iPod as compensation for a great ideas is a joke.

Advice to Management

Let loose. Your employees have tons of great ideas. Some of the sessions you're holding now help get that out, but people don't have an incentive to show you their best ideas. They'll hold back