There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

One word: DILBERT-VILLE

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Work Life Balance, Stable Company.

Cons

Politics. Clueless pointy-haired managers and architects who hide their incompetence behind "process" and politics.

There are good technical folks in the engineering ranks who do a great job but as a product manager it is very difficult to get things done because the numskulls in architecture and middle-management can neither lead, support or get-out-of-the-way.

A side-effect of clueless leadership is that they have no idea how to evaluate risk and take on challenges. As a result, there is a CYA mindset, and politics is winning over competence.

You think Merlin is dead? The cancer is back and it is called Atlas. You have great engineering talent but the managers are completely clueless, and the architects are taking you down the hole again. Their roadmap is a joke - I have spoken to other people in the program and they admit in private that it is not going well - but the current leadership is more interested in keeping the program alive than in doing the right thing to fix it.

1536 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Intuit is on the way to huge growth

Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit makes software that solves real problems in a way that is so simple, you can't imagine going back. The say/do ratio is better here than any other company I've worked for, and there is a sense of pride in our products, our diversity, and our future.

Cons

Joining Intuit means you're joining a family, a family you're connected to, sometimes even on weekends. Work/life balance is supported here, but you have to be assertive about your limits. There will always be more that needs to be done!

We are working at making decisions faster, so we're making progress, but need to continue to push decisions out into the field where the work is being done.

Some great people, but can't get to the next level with its current staff and organizational structure.

Former Employee - Architect - LEC  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Architect - LEC in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Work/life balance is reasonable at Intuit. There are many opportunities for change for the person who can stay long enough to accomplish them. Compensation package was pretty good. Many of the people are great, but aren't in the right roles.

Cons

The culture is bizarre. It is very difficult to figure out, especially if you've come from another large company, or one that understands process and project management. Senior leadership knows this and has failed to address, in fact they seem to like it that way. Intuit is completely incapable of moving the next level. They are stuck in a rut of incremental change, no, not a rut - a cycle. They never seem to make it to the next level.

Overhaul senior and middle management. Bring in new blood. Let go of the old ways. Wesabe, Freshbooks - they aren't Microsoft. Just because you beat out "MS Money" and "Small Business Accounting" doesn't mean you can beat out the new guys. Intuit and Microsoft have some similar problems; these guys are young, hungry and flexible, unlike you. I would have stayed if it weren't for the poor choices by middle and senior management.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!