Intuit

One word: DILBERT-VILLE

Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Work Life Balance, Stable Company.

Cons

Politics. Clueless pointy-haired managers and architects who hide their incompetence behind "process" and politics.

There are good technical folks in the engineering ranks who do a great job but as a product manager it is very difficult to get things done because the numskulls in architecture and middle-management can neither lead, support or get-out-of-the-way.

A side-effect of clueless leadership is that they have no idea how to evaluate risk and take on challenges. As a result, there is a CYA mindset, and politics is winning over competence.

You think Merlin is dead? The cancer is back and it is called Atlas. You have great engineering talent but the managers are completely clueless, and the architects are taking you down the hole again. Their roadmap is a joke - I have spoken to other people in the program and they admit in private that it is not going well - but the current leadership is more interested in keeping the program alive than in doing the right thing to fix it.

1623 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Long Time Employment At Intuit Is Becoming A Thing Of The Past

Current Employee - QA and Tech Support - Second Level in Fredericksbrg, VA
    Current Employee - QA and Tech Support - Second Level in Fredericksbrg, VA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The people you work with. Friendly atomosphere. No problems with bigots. Very diverse

Cons

There's a big push to outsource jobs on all levels - except the Board and CEO of course
    Lots of layoff of the most experience people. It's one thing to let slackers go but many of the former employees were some of our best. Upper management seems to be chopping off the employees with the most experience and the highest pay. Huge surprise, huh.

Move fast, think fast sounds great as a slogan but many times Speed Kills.

Intuit is on the way to huge growth

Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Program Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit makes software that solves real problems in a way that is so simple, you can't imagine going back. The say/do ratio is better here than any other company I've worked for, and there is a sense of pride in our products, our diversity, and our future.

Cons

Joining Intuit means you're joining a family, a family you're connected to, sometimes even on weekends. Work/life balance is supported here, but you have to be assertive about your limits. There will always be more that needs to be done!

We are working at making decisions faster, so we're making progress, but need to continue to push decisions out into the field where the work is being done.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit