Intuit

www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Awesome place, best place to work in Bay area.

Current Employee - Architect in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Architect in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great leadership and opportunity to learn and apply new things

Cons

None, none, none ,none, none

Stay focussed on fewer bigger things which can excite small businesses.

1680 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Intuit has real integrity, amazing talent, and potential to succeed!

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

- Small Company atmosphere that is globally dispersed with good intent to do big things in the future
    - Executives from the Board, CEO, and Sr. Levels are engaged with employee's at all levels
    - Innovation is invested in and solid progress is being made to bring ideas to life and to the market
    - Tough decisions are made and executed on business plans to drive growth
    - Career Growth and Advancement are available if you are willing to make the investment in yourself and step outside your comfort zone to take on risks and achieve goals. The company truly supports this in valuable ways.

Cons

- Follow thru on the Business / Product / Engineering disciplines to see features and services through the full life cycle -- not only through initial deployment -- but through the first course correction -- post launch. Meaning - Leaders, and some key staff within these disciplines leave to new assignments before they can truly be part of the team to lead and experience the corrections needed to make their investment in these features and services pay off for customers. People are missing out on the value of accountability and fortitude.

- Somewhat slow on staff and production integration from key acquisitions. However, progress is being made in this area at high and mid levels with strong signs of impacting the front lines - which should lead to some stellar product and services for our customers.

- Far too easy on the competition. The company has a lot of technology and usage around their products that they need appreciate and demonstrate in the market.

- Categorize, Review, and Rank the thousands of ideas that have already been generated from the white space, brainstorm, and idea jam initiatives and go heavy with investments on the top one's to bring them to life in the market.

- Demand and implement a Support Matrix that matches market usage on key operating systems and browsers for our Web Services. Intuit Products and Services should work on the most used Windows, Mac, and Linux OS's and work on the most used Web Browsers, and even have our product work on some of the less used (but important) browsers for recognition in this space.

- Continue aggressively pursing mobile and global mindsets, products, and services.

- Take to the offense more and look at targeting the businesses that are still using competing products and promote the use of our conversion technology to use our applications and offer free usage of our software for the conversion. This is for consumer and business applications.

- Go strong with a real SEO campaign.

- Go strong with TV marketing investments. Looks like Jackson signed a big celebrity to promote their products this year.

- Go strong with online advertising and partnerships to create new revenue streams.

Satisfied

Former Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

New opportunity that I really liked

Cons

Poor Work Life Balance and it needs improvement

Better Product Development Execution