STOP your shady Green Card filing policies Intuit

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intuit has Smart people who really care about growing the company, excellent benefits

Cons

meeting culture, not innovative I stayed at Intuit for less than 6 months. when I was hired in Sr. software engineer role, my only condition was to file my Green Card under EB2 as I already have Master's+5 years of experience. They promised me to do that within three months of joining. But, come three months they told me that they'll do it in EB3, which takes more than 15 years for Indians and Chinese people. I immediately started looking elsewhere and found a job where they'll file my GC under EB2. The sad part is Intuit will lose more than 300 engineers in the bay area to other companies and it will be difficult to find good talent because of these shady practices. It's not difficult at all in the bay area to find engineering jobs that file under EB2.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing!

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people Personal and professional development Work/life balance Mentorship opportunities Flexibility Great benefits No egos

Cons

A lot of inter-company networking is needed to get things done

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

A regular "acquire then layoff" company

Former Employee - Product Designer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On paper, Intuit offers everything a great company should. Solid compensation and benefits, a nice variety of work options. It encourages employees in community involvement, offers employees time to pursue other interests. If you can find a great manager within Intuit, you'd find a great place to work.

Cons

On paper, they're great, in reality the Intuit environment seems a bit soulless. Rather like having parents who prefer to shower their children with gifts,in lieu of devoting quality time in parenting. Intuit is extremely outcome driven without putting in place the plans to achieve those outcomes. Subsequently, there are many blame games played when those outcomes fall short. Intuit has lost it's knowledge of how to grow their own quality products. They routinely acquire smaller companies that make great products, like Mint, absorb the technology, then dump the newly acquired folks that don't "fit" into the Borg collective.