There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

STOP your shady Green Card filing policies Intuit

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Intuit has Smart people who really care about growing the company, excellent benefits

Cons

meeting culture, not innovative

I stayed at Intuit for less than 6 months. when I was hired in Sr. software engineer role, my only condition was to file my Green Card under EB2 as I already have Master's+5 years of experience. They promised me to do that within three months of joining. But, come three months they told me that they'll do it in EB3, which takes more than 15 years for Indians and Chinese people.

I immediately started looking elsewhere and found a job where they'll file my GC under EB2. The sad part is Intuit will lose more than 300 engineers in the bay area to other companies and it will be difficult to find good talent because of these shady practices. It's not difficult at all in the bay area to find engineering jobs that file under EB2.

reviews filtered by

Major layoffs this week

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time

Pros

Some very intelligent, talented people work here and the fast pace can be exciting. Free parking, excellent food/catering, pleasant environment indoors and out, higher salaries than the norm for San Diego.

Cons

Layoffs off more than 120 people in SD were a surprise, especially to a number of long-time, well-reviewed employees. Not at all great for morale for those staying.

I feel like a prisoner, beyond hope. Worst mistake of my life to accept this job.

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, stable company. Good intentions.

Cons

Mental slavery. They pay well enough to tempt the highly intelligent, but then force them to provide pandering to morons. Do not delude yourself, this is nothing more than a typical call center job with handle times, etc. You will be supervised by someone who has never done your job and can neither support nor understand you. You will expected to be grateful for the honor of having your position, then trampled on as the dirt you are regarded as.

Advice to Management

Empathy. Not for your idiot clientele, but for your workforce. Find a way to better foster the harnessed brilliance of the customer front line. We are both your greatest weakness and strength. Attn: Brad. You are regarded as a "normal" guy who wrote a program to make life easier for your wife. That is a very marketable image, but are you that same man? Do you condone the emotional abuse your frontline agents endure to increase your profits?

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit