Intuit

www.intuit.com

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Work life balance is great
flexible timing
Open source technology

Cons

Framework is not matured
A lot scope of improvement at front end side

It's good place to work, make it better ;)

Other reviews for Intuit

One of the best places I've worked.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Values are real, not just words on paper. Well run company, fiscally conservative. Balancing for stakeholders is real - employees, customers, and shareholders . . . in that order.

Cons

Risk adverse at times; too much focus on powerpoint and the presentation - not always focused on the content or substance - wordsmithing can become more important than substance.

Swing for the fences occasionally.

You own your career at Intuit, so keep your eyes open and steer carefully

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

From my experience, Intuit really lives its values. Great drive throughout the company to innovate and move quickly, making it a fun and energizing place to work. I work remotely, and Intuit is very supportive of that for many positions. (About 10% of Intuit employees are remote.) There are many offerings and opportunities for personal and career development. It's easy to reach across business units to engage with people. Great annual and quarterly meetings where lots of information is passed down to all employees.

Cons

(This is't really a "con," but something to be aware of.)
    Intuit wants to keep growing and focus on profitable aspects of its business (this is a good thing.) They try to acquire a few companies each year, and the process of bringing Intuit's corporate culture to those acquisitions isn't always smooth or successful. Intuit will suddenly sell parts of the business that didn't work out (for one reason or another) or that aren't fully in line with where Intuit wants to go. For example, they bought Homestead in 2007 and then sold that business in 2012. These are generally good business decisions, but if you're part of that piece of the business, you could suddenly find yourself working for some other company besides Intuit.
    My advice is to keep your eyes and ears open about where the company is focused (it's not hard to tell) and seek out roles in those areas. After an acquisition was merged with my business unit, my role changed and I was under-utilized for a while. I had to seek out a new position because the old one wasn't challenging anymore, even though my title remained the same.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!