There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Awesome place to intern at but wouldn't come back for full-time

Former Intern - Product Development in Mountain View, CA
Former Intern - Product Development in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot from Intuit working with my mentors and peers. They give a lot of perks and are great including: laptops (while working there), housing (really nice), good pay and campus and they really help you succeed at Intuit. My mentor was very helpful when I needed it and the full time employees were genuinely curious about the interns and would go out their way to learn more about you.

Cons

The company is slow and a little boring. This could be because I am a college student, but people tend to take a lot of time doing tasks and the office wasn't very alive. This may have occurred only for me, but while I was working there was a management shakeup and my boss changed. This resulted in me not having any work for a week or two.

Advice to Management

When you shake up management make sure all the loose ends of a manager are tied up before moving them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work, or at least it was

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Absolutely some of the best people to work with Good corporate citizen Exceptional benefits Good work life balance

Cons

Corporate think is starting to creep in and erode some core values Cost engineering is rearing its head and some jobs are moving offshore to where work is less expensive

Advice to Management

Intuit's core values state "Its the people", don't let cost engineering erode that. Intuit is full of brilliant people, let them figure out how to move forward and get rid of the outside contractors. You are throwing good money after bad by keeping the professional services.

If only they had negative star ratings...

Current Employee - Payroll Support in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Payroll Support in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code Decent insurance coverage for singles

Cons

Company is all yak, no act Lack of work life balance Lack of management support Too much politics Pay Work Schedules Unkept promises Lack of appropriate training after hiring Abuse of temporary employees Very little opportunity for advancement or growth/lateral movement No clear paths for movement Insurance rates for married/domestic partners

Advice to Management

This could be a nice place to work with a few changes, most of which wouldn't cost anything (and some of which would probably save money while improving service). Listen to the people on the front lines, we have direct contact with the customers. Don't ask me to do something you aren't willing to do yourself. Live up to the values you proclaim. Quit sending jobs overseas, the customers don't like it, they find ways around it, and you aren't saving as much as you think.