Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Intuit is a great place to work

Current Employee - Product Management Director in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Product Management Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit really cares about its employees. Brad Smith is an incredibly inspiring CEO. I would consider most of Brad's staff to be quite strong and even trending stronger over the past 6 months. Most of the less strong senior leaders have moved on. Intuit has among the best leadership training programs for up and coming leaders of any software company in the world. It is modeled on GE's leadership training.

Cons

Intuit wants to be a premier innovative growth company, but we haven't figured out how to drive new growth through innovation. While Intuit is a top software company, it just doesn't draw the talent that Apple and Google draw

We need to test multiple competing approaches to building new business and business models

1649 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit is fair in the benefits it offers. Their pay is fair. They provide good medical, dental, and vision insurance. They have several other benefits, including 401k and matching contributions. I enjoyed the people I worked with. Intuit supports teamwork and does a lot to promote the team environment. Intuit has a set of operating 10 values that they adhere to. They also work to make Intuit a great place to work (Annual Great Place to Work Survey and then work to make improvements in areas that they did not score well on). They also provide nice office buildings and work environment.

Cons

Every so often Intuit will lay off a large group of their employees. It is understandable, but I feel that they had some other ways they could have handled it. Intuit is fair in its pay, but often expects a lot from their employees (high pressure deadlines and expectations). Some times assignments are made to individuals without providing the proper training, so as to help them be successful.

Intuit needs to better train employees to allow them to grow professionally.

This is what real Intuit employees want the public to know about this company.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The salary and benefits are competitive.

Cons

There is a definitive divide between good managers (not great) and lowsy managers. The ignorance and incompetance level from where I sit is 80/20. 20 being the minority of managers that actually know what is going on in the world. It's really sad. It makes working here difficult on employee morale, productivity, and inexplainable when I have to go home to tell my family how my day went or worse shuffle excuses to the customers. The worst part is that the employees are not being heard. All that press about best place to work is a bunch of nonsense. Voice of Employee more nonsense. TPS is garbage busting at the seams. Public view of the companies difficiencies are now on Glassdoor becasue of it. Most of the posts I have seen here are valid. But hey what do I know I'm just an employee not a manager. Gamble your money if you want to.

Sell Avon to monkeys. You might actually be good with a "focus" and do something amazing.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit