There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Pathetic immigration policy. Other than that, will work for Intuit again.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great mobility options, in my 4+ years at Intuit, I have changed roles three times. Twice, I changed because I sought out growth opportunities and had constructive conversations with my managers. If you are someone who owns your career and seeks out growth (lateral and upward) opportunities, you will like this. The third time I changed roles, it was a re-org (that is an annual thing by the way) and I was given time to think it over and consider.
2. Great people and have been fortunate to have good managers - although that is entirely subjective and depends on you. Both times I spoke to my managers about moving after 18+ months in my roles, they were very supportive.
3. Very open feedback culture, at least, in the face of it. I loved that and felt like I became a better person.
4. Great benefits in comp, bonus, equity although equity is being reduced. Spotlights are a cool way of instantly rewarding performance with a small cash award ($100-$500) and recognition.
5. Good immigration lawyers who can confidently handle your H1B and Green card cases.

Cons

1. Immigration cost one star in my perspective as the Green Card policy is extremely sub par. While the lawyers are capable, internal policy is that only Staff Software Engineers qualify for EB2, everyone else, regardless of level/title only qualifies for EB3. My #1 reason for leaving Intuit is that I have >5 years of experience and am middle management, but am still considered EB3. I know folks at the Group Manager level but are in EB3 because they are not in engineering.
2. If your spouse has an option of getting an insurance elsewhere, but opts to take Intuit's (usually superior) insurance coverage, you are required to pay $100 per paycheck. That adds up and is a big sore thumb to pay $2600 per year just because my spouse has an option.
3. A little too much emphasis on soft skills and consensus and please, enough with the Leadership success profile. A little too much BS there.

Please bring the Immigration policy on par with other technology companies to prevent either an exodus or gradual attrition of immigrant talent. Please reduce the culture of management updates through powerpoint. Please review middle management based on 360 feedback and take strong action when needed...lots of dead weight floating around.

1529 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Good People, Good Products, Corporate Red Tape Quagmire

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Intuit takes very good care of their employees. The wages are fair, the work spaces are incredible. Employees can grow a career and work life balance is stressed.

Cons

There are too many disjoint processes each new acquisition adds another layer of complexity and soon you are in meetings to plan for a meeting that is in preparatory to another meeting.

Intuit goes out of the way to enforce a mystery political correctness that is never defined. The phrase "It's not what you do it's how you do it" is a mantra.

Cut the Red Tape. I challenge all intuit senior staff to work for a few months in the middle tier. Watch how your middle management stops innovation, adds complexity to simple processes, builds kingdoms and wastes money.

Jumped the shark

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nice coworkers. pays well if you only care about salary not stock.

Cons

Managers come from the Proctor and Gamble/General Electric mold and are allergic to an innovative software culture. They brand themselves as innovative and agile but its totally a "yes man" shop with endless meetings. They even scold engineers about their "personal brand" should they be bold enough to express an opinion. Ever been to a 40 person hour long "scrum"? Enough said.

get more technical. selling dated software isn't going to work as well as selling dated laundry detergent brands.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!