There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Was a great company - has lost its lustre

Former Employee - Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Performers do get recognized and the company is generous with rewards and bonuses
- Great products - particularly turbotax; other products are trending to mediocrity
- An excellent work-life balance
- Excellent benefits

Cons

- Questionable leadership ethics - colluding with other Valley companies to block employee mobility led me to spending more time here than desired
- Sub-cultures within the company - particularly at the Plano/Texas office run by incompetent, tenured "made-men"
- Too many management consultants not in touch with Valley culture or technology and who do not speak English - only Powerpoint

- If you believe in Integrity without Compromise, live by it - do not collude with eBay or Google to prevent employee departure
- Hire technically savvy leaders with a track record of product innovation and only such managers

1527 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Innovative company focused on steady growth

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to think out of the box
    Great benefits
    Casual work environment

Cons

Promotions and hikes are given based on politics and closeness to the manager
    Senior leaders don't listen to voice of the employee - not interested in doing the right thing by customers or employees
    Too many outages
    Smart people exiting the company
    Lack of values at this location

Beware of senior leaders who "fluff" the numbers so they can maximize their own bonuses
    Actually listen and act on VOE from annual employee survey

Pathetic immigration policy. Other than that, will work for Intuit again.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great mobility options, in my 4+ years at Intuit, I have changed roles three times. Twice, I changed because I sought out growth opportunities and had constructive conversations with my managers. If you are someone who owns your career and seeks out growth (lateral and upward) opportunities, you will like this. The third time I changed roles, it was a re-org (that is an annual thing by the way) and I was given time to think it over and consider.
    2. Great people and have been fortunate to have good managers - although that is entirely subjective and depends on you. Both times I spoke to my managers about moving after 18+ months in my roles, they were very supportive.
    3. Very open feedback culture, at least, in the face of it. I loved that and felt like I became a better person.
    4. Great benefits in comp, bonus, equity although equity is being reduced. Spotlights are a cool way of instantly rewarding performance with a small cash award ($100-$500) and recognition.
    5. Good immigration lawyers who can confidently handle your H1B and Green card cases.

Cons

1. Immigration cost one star in my perspective as the Green Card policy is extremely sub par. While the lawyers are capable, internal policy is that only Staff Software Engineers qualify for EB2, everyone else, regardless of level/title only qualifies for EB3. My #1 reason for leaving Intuit is that I have >5 years of experience and am middle management, but am still considered EB3. I know folks at the Group Manager level but are in EB3 because they are not in engineering.
    2. If your spouse has an option of getting an insurance elsewhere, but opts to take Intuit's (usually superior) insurance coverage, you are required to pay $100 per paycheck. That adds up and is a big sore thumb to pay $2600 per year just because my spouse has an option.
    3. A little too much emphasis on soft skills and consensus and please, enough with the Leadership success profile. A little too much BS there.

Please bring the Immigration policy on par with other technology companies to prevent either an exodus or gradual attrition of immigrant talent. Please reduce the culture of management updates through powerpoint. Please review middle management based on 360 feedback and take strong action when needed...lots of dead weight floating around.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!