Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Focused, competitive, a great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

I'm very impress by the senior management. Bright, hardworking, focused. And when they're wrong they say so and try something else. Can't say I've seen that anywhere else I've worked. It's refreshing and I think adds great value to the company. Salary and benefits are very good. And in my book, the #1 Pro... I'm in an environment where I learn something every day.

Cons

*Seeing that a course isn't working and resetting can wreak havoc on home life (hence the hefty compensation package). On the plus side, it's far better than mgmt with heads in the sand!
*Too many meetings-I understand the whys but there's room for improvement.

Every time you hold a meeting look around the room. Does everyone need to be there? Invite people to leave early as they usually devolve. Make that a habit and you'll see cost savings and improved productivity.

1623 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Intuit: Work hard surrounded by the smartest people you'll ever meet

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

There's a strong corporate culture at Intuit, and you'll either love it or hate it. In my experience, the people who love it are charismatic, analytic,Type A overachievers. There's an overabundance of people who are used to being the smartest person in the room. In short, if you like being surrounded by people like that, you'll like working here.

People who like to just do enough to get by, push their responsibilities onto other people, and dodge leadership responsibilities don't last long here.

Cons

I don't know a lot of folks with great work/life balance here... the engaging work you do here seems to haunt people here... it's hard to leave work at work. This is not a place that will tell you to stop working at 5 pm - people have to take personal responsibility for their own work/life balance (and know there's a career cost for it).

Fewer meetings would be great. We could get a lot more work done if we didn't have to go to back-to-back meetings all day.

Intuit is one of the best places to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit has been a great place to work at because of its investment in employees (professional growth, medical/vacation benefits, compensation).

Cons

The last two years have been challenging for Intuit as for most companies. The environment has required shifts in strategy but priorities haven't been clear. It feels as if everyone is trying to do everything rather than focus on the critical few.

Enable a mechanism for employees to provide constructive feedback about management anonymously

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit