Intuit
3.7 of 5 1,349 reviews
www.intuit.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

Great corporate culture on the most part

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople are expected to do right by the customer and each other.

ConsOnce in a while, you find an arrogant, smarty-pants MBA who doesn't know much due to lack of experience. They are annoying and they can create havoc due to lack of maturity and their outsized ambitions. Fortunately, they have been let go for various reasons and I think (but not sure) that their inability to build positive relationships with colleagues had something to do with their layoffs.

There are waaay too many meetings at Intuit. It's hard to get one's job done from 9-5 when you have to start your real work at 5 pm after meetings are over. No joke--meetings took up most of the day.

Some managers are knuckle-heads because they don't understand the work that their staff are performing AND they get in the way of progress. Not understanding the detail of staff is common, and completely typical and understandable. But getting in the way of progress because the manager doesn't understand the nitty-gritty steps it takes to get to the outcome is silly. For example, the publisher of a magazine doesn't need to know how much ink to order this month and what pressure setting the ink is applied to achieve a desired look. The publisher just needs to know that the staff knows what to do, and that it's getting done right. Don't stop the printing specialist from printing the magazines on time! This is obviously an analogy but this happened to me many times at Intuit. Continuing the analogy, I had explain how much ink was bought last month vs. this month, explain how the ink is poured into the printing machine, how long it took to print each page, etc. So tedious. I wanted to pull my hair out many, many nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down on the number of standing meetings, let people take steps without going through so many consensus-building meetings.

Give people opportunities to move around the company, encourage new growth opportunities so that employees will stay motivated and stay at Intuit rather leave to find something different to do.

Support working moms to keep this important part of the workforce. Working moms perform double duty by working outside and inside the home. Provide flexibility to keep the talent inside the company. Additionally, women think and act differently; we don't display bravado that men do, which is taken as a sign of confidence and competence. Women are extremely competent but many of us don't think of work as a sport where you have to wrestle others to the ground to win points and promotions. Many of us operate efficiently and quietly. Please appreciate our work styles and reward us for our accomplishments. There is no chest beating but the accomplishments are real.

Good, overall professional, easy to be marginalized in a large company.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Reno, NV

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great products, services and support sold and provided. Cons: Metrics is a high driver and can replace the personal. Advice to Senior Management: Care about people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Software Development intern

Software Developer Intern (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for less than a year

Pros: Was too awesome of an experience. Cons: No cons I can think of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!

Intuit – Why Work for Us?

If you're ready to create, innovate and be part of something big, then you've come to the right place. Our passion for innovation allows us to take risks and try new, ingenious ways to help our customers achieve their… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intuit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intuit CEO Brad Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Intuit employees.