Intuit

www.intuit.com

This truly is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Communications Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Communications Manager in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Love that every employee takes great pride in their work and continues to improve and innovate! Around here, it is the People!!

Cons

As a large organization, we really should offer sabaticals.

Don't forget the little things that make a BIG difference.

Other reviews for Intuit

Intuit changed my life !!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Amazing company, tons of opportunity, the best people on the earth to work with , CEO sales club WORLD class , I started at Intuit almost 5 years ago in Englewood CO. With no sales experience and coming from financial services I started in tech support at Homestead. I moved into a sales role within three months and found my passion. I since have attended two CEO sales clubs in Hawaii then accepted a position at Demandforce which Intuit recently acquired and moved to San Francisco!! Crushing it and loving every moment !! Intuit values integrity, smart people who do the right thing and I am just one example of how Intuit changed the whole course of my life and put my career on the fast path for success. I love this company. Amazing Benefits and they promote a work / life balance.

Cons

More mobility. I really do not have any cons.

Executive Sales team Rocks!!

Great corporate culture on the most part

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

People are expected to do right by the customer and each other.

Cons

Once in a while, you find an arrogant, smarty-pants MBA who doesn't know much due to lack of experience. They are annoying and they can create havoc due to lack of maturity and their outsized ambitions. Fortunately, they have been let go for various reasons and I think (but not sure) that their inability to build positive relationships with colleagues had something to do with their layoffs.

There are waaay too many meetings at Intuit. It's hard to get one's job done from 9-5 when you have to start your real work at 5 pm after meetings are over. No joke--meetings took up most of the day.

Some managers are knuckle-heads because they don't understand the work that their staff are performing AND they get in the way of progress. Not understanding the detail of staff is common, and completely typical and understandable. But getting in the way of progress because the manager doesn't understand the nitty-gritty steps it takes to get to the outcome is silly. For example, the publisher of a magazine doesn't need to know how much ink to order this month and what pressure setting the ink is applied to achieve a desired look. The publisher just needs to know that the staff knows what to do, and that it's getting done right. Don't stop the printing specialist from printing the magazines on time! This is obviously an analogy but this happened to me many times at Intuit. Continuing the analogy, I had explain how much ink was bought last month vs. this month, explain how the ink is poured into the printing machine, how long it took to print each page, etc. So tedious. I wanted to pull my hair out many, many nights.

Cut down on the number of standing meetings, let people take steps without going through so many consensus-building meetings.

Give people opportunities to move around the company, encourage new growth opportunities so that employees will stay motivated and stay at Intuit rather leave to find something different to do.

Support working moms to keep this important part of the workforce. Working moms perform double duty by working outside and inside the home. Provide flexibility to keep the talent inside the company. Additionally, women think and act differently; we don't display bravado that men do, which is taken as a sign of confidence and competence. Women are extremely competent but many of us don't think of work as a sport where you have to wrestle others to the ground to win points and promotions. Many of us operate efficiently and quietly. Please appreciate our work styles and reward us for our accomplishments. There is no chest beating but the accomplishments are real.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!