Intuit

www.intuit.com

Great place to work, hard to get promoted

ProsIntuit is a great company. Leadership is very transparent, open, and helpful. The company values its employees as much as shareholders. The pay and benefits are great.

ConsJust make sure you negotiate the highest position/title/salary before you come on board. It is extremely difficult to get promoted to the next level, even after several years of being a "top performer". There is always the ability and option to move laterally, but if you want to go from "Manager" to "Senior Manger" or Senior Manager to Group manager, be prepared to wait, a while. As good a a company Intuit is at many things, there is no defined schedule to get to the next level, like at many other companies. This is often concerning as you can feel like your career has plateaued.

The unfair process, in my opinion, is that they really only promote once per year. They look at your performance and how others compare to you, kind of a 'curve', which is fine. BUT, they also look at your Business Unit performance for a very small snapshot in time (maybe just how it is doing that particular week) and use that to decide if people are getting promoted.

I completely understand that "if the business is down, why should we promote you?" mentality, but if you are a top performer year after year, but your BU is short at the particular time of reviews, you are essentially STUCK without the possibility of promotion, even if (as is usually the case) your business unit meets its annual goal. Not fair IMO.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people the moment you think they are ready, not 1-2 per year at a defined time. If not, people become unhappy and think they've maxed out, and will move to another BU or worse, another company.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Intuit offers great opportunties for employees to push themselves and… Cons: Because the organization is so large the decision making process… Advice to Senior Management: Allow more employees to be decision makers to reduce bottlenecks. More

Intuit lives up to its core principals, especially, "It's the People"

Service and Support Representative (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Intuit understands how one relationship affects others and the cycle. Relate with employees well, who relate with the clients well, which… Cons: In this market, there are ups and downs in workload… Advice to Senior Management: Seek communication and feedback with employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!