Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Excellent corporate culture, great location, motivated and talented team

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- great benefits
- nice new building
- challenging but interesting work
- opportunities for growth and advancement in house

Cons

- can be difficult to navigate the complex onboarding process (obtaining access to systems)
- information outside of your group is difficult to obtain (wikis are sometimes out of date or flat out wrong)
- intracompany support/ticketing system is incredibly crappy (took almost three weeks just to get an account login for a server that I needed access to)

- keep focused on pleasing the customer (usability)

1616 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

A great place to work where you can learn new skills or hone your existing ones

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

No matter your role you are considered a leader, tuition reimbursement so you can turn a job at Intuit into a career, competitive pay, great healthcare plans, realistic bonus pay targets, work from home opportunities, friendly work environments, and great company values

Cons

Despite having great company values that the company tries to live up to, and claims are the foundation upon which it is built, Intuit falls short of these values all too often. For instance, Intuit aspires to have Integrity Without Compromise, which says "We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions and communications are always direct, honest, and transparent.", however these values are often discarded by individuals at the company when it is convenient, and aside from the outright breaking of company policy, most of the time no one is held accountable when the company values are ignored.

My advice to management is to hold to the Intuit values in all things big and small. Never disregard a company value just because it is convenient for you or the company, or because you may personally disagree with it. If you wish the foundation upon which Intuit is built, its values, to be strong, then you must make it strong and keep it that way. If you cannot do this, then you should revise your company values.

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, flexibility to work from home, well balanced work/life, ease of access to training and participating in technology conferences (Velocity, JavaOne, WWDC, Google I/O), world-class gym

Cons

Lack of office (with everyone sitting in cubes with very little privacy)

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit