Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

A great place to work where you can learn new skills or hone your existing ones

I worked at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

No matter your role you are considered a leader, tuition reimbursement so you can turn a job at Intuit into a career, competitive pay, great healthcare plans, realistic bonus pay targets, work from home opportunities, friendly work environments, and great company values

Cons

Despite having great company values that the company tries to live up to, and claims are the foundation upon which it is built, Intuit falls short of these values all too often. For instance, Intuit aspires to have Integrity Without Compromise, which says "We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions and communications are always direct, honest, and transparent.", however these values are often discarded by individuals at the company when it is convenient, and aside from the outright breaking of company policy, most of the time no one is held accountable when the company values are ignored.

My advice to management is to hold to the Intuit values in all things big and small. Never disregard a company value just because it is convenient for you or the company, or because you may personally disagree with it. If you wish the foundation upon which Intuit is built, its values, to be strong, then you must make it strong and keep it that way. If you cannot do this, then you should revise your company values.

1623 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Loved it then, still love it now.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Intuit is, by far, one of the best companies to work for in this day and age for software engineers. Then again, it really depends on the team you're in and what you're planning to do. The greatest thing about working here is the work/life balance and their attitude towards learning and succeeding. That, and I never feel bogged down by countless meetings or other things that would otherwise hinder my ability to perform the tasks assigned to me (or picked by me).

Also, the perks are quite fantastic, as are the people working here. You can learn a lot just by asking a few questions - and that's one thing you're never short of as a new employee.

If you're looking for a great place to work with greats benefits, work/life balance, and attitude, this is the place.

Cons

There's no real cons that I can really pinpoint this early in my career. Having to pay for lunch, maybe. :)

Keep doing what you do and really strive to maintain a connection with those under your wing. Attitude makes a big difference!

Good people, good work-life balance

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The work is what you make of it. Whether or not you will find a product interesting is different for every person. There are plenty of projects.
    The company doesn't seem to ever require crunch time, so you get to have a life outside work.
    The people I worked with were all very cool and we hung out outside of work.

Cons

The same as above. Some people might be bored of working on a tax program that requires a lot of process and validation before major releases.

None