Intuit

www.intuit.com

Intuit aims to be best in class and usually succeeds, though legacy technology and internal politics can be tricky.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsIntuit has values and sticks to them. Integrity without compromise. It's the people. Do right by customers. They really mean it. They really do it.

Highly customer-centric company, with tons of "know thy customer" research and a high premium on great design. Heaven for user experience people and product managers.

Salaries, benefits, facilities, and learning opportunities are top notch. Intuit works hard to help people grow.

ConsSome of the technology (QuickBooks) is very old and hard to work with. Some customers resist upgrades.

Politics and analysis paralysis can make it very difficult to get work done. Some managers pay more attention to managing up than leading their own teams.

Late-night meetings with development teams in India.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't tolerate ambiguity in reporting relationships and product ownership. That makes it hard to get work done.

Evaluate your direct reports on what their teams accomplish, rather than on how good they look in presentations to you.

People are here to help you learn more, rather than retrieving what is already with you.

Software Engineering Co-op (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The company will make you comfortable more than enough. You… Cons: There are no downsides that I could find out so far. It… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great company for career development

Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: - invests in people - innovation culture - products that make a… Cons: - larger company not as nimble in some areas - as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!