Intuit

Mixed Bag

Former Employee - Group Manager in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Group Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

Good feeling in helping to build and distribute products that help customers manage their finances, both consumers and small businesses.

Cons

Used to be a focus on the customer, as a way to build the best products that customers would be happy to use and pay for. Now, the 'double digit growth' mantra from a leadership team that has been furiously making changes without regard to what the brand stands for and without a vision for what it will become. (Change without leadership and direction.)

Figure it out, then move forward. You've cashed in 'it's the people', for both customers and employees. That used to be Intuit's strength.

1623 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Not the great place to work like it used to be

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intuit

Pros

* competitve compensation
    * great talented people
    * flexibility - good work/life balance
    * great challenging opportunities within my role

Cons

* recent senior leadership changes have made the enviornment very chaotic and stressful
    * last re-org while goal made sense, execution did not and was poorly done
    * used to be a place where women management was supported, and valued not anymore
    * lack of clear strategy and direction
    * poor communication from leaders to employees

Employees need to perceived that they are valued by their leaders. Take a closer look at the leaders on your management staff and make sure they are actually leading.

Love my job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

I love working at Intuit since the ifrst day i stepped into the office four years ago. A lot has changed in the world since then...the economy, our company strategy, our leadership, but the core values haven't. They recognize for hard work. Our leaders are balanced in their approach to employees, customers and shareholders. And in a time when other companies are cutting pay, we still got bonuses and raises. I sometimes think people aren't realistic. This is a for-profit company trying to survive in tough times. Tough business decisions and change are all par for the course. The reality is this is going on across the industry...if there is better our there, we all have free will to leave, but I love it here!

Cons

I don't see a lot of downsides. We have great leaders who live our values. The downsides that I see are the downsides of any company...politics, sometimes hard to manuever and a lot of change...but change is good...and where isn't it happening???

Keep going. We will come out of this stronger and better. It's tough across the board, but we are doing good compared to so many companies...and there are a LOT of happy people here!

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit