Intuit

www.intuit.com
  www.intuit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Paving a new path, with heart.

Current Employee - General Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - General Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

We can not stand still, even more, we must re-invent. Doing so means making the toughest decisions in our company's 26 year history. Those decisions are beng made, being made with heart and compassion. We have leader who is committed, and team that can make it happen. We must move forward ... with heart.

Cons

Lots of planning cycles and we spend too much time in executive reviews. Teams continue to spend too much time n powerpoint sessions

Continue to give the organization voice and provide transparency
Lighten the planning cycle/operasting mechanisms
Keep teams small and nimble, moving fast
Hold leaders accountable

1622 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

The company hasn't changed... the climate and people have

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great brand strength in very resilient businesses make Intuit a solid, if unspectacular, company. Management recognizes the need to change in order to sustain market leadership and grow again. The benefits and working environment is still very good at Intuit as compared to other places in the valley.

There are very intelligent people at Intuit, but intelligence without drive, creativity and courage isn't enough.

Cons

Intuit employees are soft... especially those who have been with the company for a long time. Employees became too comfortable with bonuses and "merit" increases that we based on relationships and hard work versus outcomes as the measure of performance.

There has long been a talent drain. Talented, product oriented people get frustrated with the unnecessary organizational complexity and the inability to get things done... some of the frustration is justified, but not all. The fact remains that there are few folks in the company who have the creativity and courage to drive new opportunities. This fact is recognized, but many at the top do not recognize these traits as it is not their strength nor in their experience.

Get senior leaders who are capable of and who spend more time rolling up their sleeves to create new growth versus those who talk a good game, look the part and say all the right things.

Challenges Ahead

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

The company has really smart people. Its core products are leading offerings in their respective categories with great market share.

Cons

The company is going thru lots of changes. While change is necessary, they need to be thought out well, which does not seem to be the case.

Keep focus on employees, they are your biggest asset.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit