Positive on all levels

Former Contractor - Tax Advice Service Agent and Lead in Tucson, AZ
Former Contractor - Tax Advice Service Agent and Lead in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Intuit as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Remarkably innovative, ready to listen to the employee, amazing dynamic and committed individuals to work with above and below in the food chain....

Cons

the work that i did was intense and i worked with customers - not everyone is cut out for it.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing - communication is fantastic, however the HR process for seasonal is not the best introduction to the company.

reviews filtered by

Serious about retaining the right employees

Current Employee - Leader In Sales Management in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Leader In Sales Management in Remote, OR

I have been working at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a competitive environment to work but rewarding for exceptional players. Being in the IFS division was hard but eventually we were able to get access to many of the cultural things all of Intuit has. The real benefit is to be in TAX or Small Business. And to work in an office. Benefits are amazing, pay is fair to better than industry, people really do care. Leadership training is really top notch and if you are selected for programs like Fast Path - amazing.

Cons

If you get into leadership you are expected to do your own motivation and work. If you get into trouble you are on your own. Your brand gets locked in quickly and you have to work hard to regain lost ground. Momentum is important - if you can't get it going you are going to end up stuck and often out the door. Also - it is hard to go places without an MBA or degree from the top schools - like a fraternity.

Advice to Management

Watch out for leaders that play favorites. HR can be overwhelming and often one sided - protecting the company more than individual leaders. It often felt like people were supporting me but then again, setting themselves up "just in case" - just felt hypocritical at times. In the end I'll look back on this as a great learning experience but the pressure and tension of "being a good leader and protecting my brand" were often unbearable.

2. A great place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Administrator in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Administrator in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Intuit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and salary
    Excellent career planning
    Great operating values

Cons

I can't think of any!