There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Layoffs impacting Intuit's brand as best place to work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

engagement of employees has been historically high

Cons

Loosing it's steam as GPTW

Advice to Management

Conduct skip levels and focus group session...act on learnings. Improve survey utilization process

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Some things change, and some things do not

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Intuit is still a good place to work compared to a lot of companies, they treat their employees with respect for the most part

Cons

Intuit has had reductions in work force recently and many employees are a bit fearful of their jobs, even top performers have been let go

Advice to Management

Care a little bit more about your employees, I know it's a difficult market, and i know sometimes a shock to the system can be healthy, but we might be going too far.

2. Where's the growth?

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Pay is very competitive and the work environment is one of balance. Our CEO is very transparent with where we're going, what we've done well and what we need to improve. We do try and balance needs of employees, customers and shareholders. We have a great place to work from our quality facilities, to our social activities.

Cons

Lack of career advancement opportunities. Company hires highly skilled middle management leaders but has no opportunities for vertical advancement...everything is lateral. Also, I think it could use a more seasoned executive team capable of driving more growth. Many of the VP and Directors here would be a rung lower in other businesses. Culture has a not invented here mentality but hopefully the latest couple of acquisitions will liven things up from a group who has gotten stale. Our innovation is often yesterday's news to others. As an example, we're scrambling to expand the outsource game at a time others are realizing it's not everything it's cracked up to be. Penny wise. Dollar foolish.

Advice to Management

If you would like to cut cost to reinvest in growth. Take a look at the number and cost of all your directors and VP's. We've added a ton of these over the past number of years and I imagine pay them dearly for what they've delivered...substandard growth to employees, shareholders and customers.