There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Markieting and Customer focussed

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Front line employees can influence the product direction. Very customer focused. Cares about employees.

Cons

Intuit is in technology time-warp. Lags behind rest of the software industry by 15-20 years. Very difficult to get promoted internally. Very very centralized decision making. Employees have decision making authority OR accountability.

Grow employees to take on bigger roles. Hiring from outside all the time, demotivates employees from stretching themselves.

1560 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Great company not living up to its potential

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Top talent attractor
    Strong founder still participating
    Dominant market share
    Best in class product talent

Cons

Very top heavy... weak operational leadership at the Business Unit level
    Inneffective at acquiring and integrating new businesses... too many duds with no accountability for bad acquisition strategy and execution
    Heavy gross margins hide gross inneficiencies, particularly in HQ functions
    Focus on the sizzle not the bacon

Talent management and promotions serve the status quo. Culture is strong but elitist and tilted in favor of outdated reverence to talent sources that, when examined, have not produced "doers". Too many big-titled, non-contributing turf protectors are limiting innovation and creativity. Directors and VPs with few direct reports creates environment where leaders jockey for position vs. delivering for Employees, Customers, and Shareholders (remember that?). Simplify, root out the politicians (they are stil there), and unleash the actual potential that exists. Live up to your lineage.

Best place ever!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intuit as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great work culture, awesome people, informal attire, FRIDAY SOCIALS, lots of technical events, freedom to express opinions and it will be considered, everybody is so friendly, I was so inspired by my manager, They care, really care about employees. They have amazing gym, yoga classes, so many more activities for everyone. And the best part is they let you use them! Awesome awesome place.

Cons

I was pampered so much that I put on so much weight! No cons. I swear. Or may be I didnt work there long enough.

Great job you guys..! Keep it going.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!