There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Very good tech company with steady growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intuit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top of the list has to be how the company values its employees. Intuit's probably not the best in any category but it is good to very good in the things that people care about - compensation, benefits, work/life balance, company culture, employee talent, etc. The overall package is well-rounded and attractive.

Cons

At times, there is too much process and red tape that gets in the way of getting things done. Intuit is trying to innovate faster and be more agile, but it's got a ways to go before it can be favorably compared with Internet companies like Google or Facebook.

Be bold. Take some risks and don't be afraid to pull the plug if something doesn't work out.

1529 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

A great place to work if you're in the right business unit

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of career growth opportunity.
    Company really invests in the employees.
    A change to do real enterprise level work.
    Great benefits and flexibility
    Good people to work with.

Cons

Intuit overall is great but not all leaders in all business units follow the Intuit way. This leaves you watching other Intuit people get to operate one way while you may be stuck doing things completely different.

Intuit still uses the stacked ranking system for performance reviews. This means if you end up working with a group where all are very talented and productive you or someone will get a lesser review because "there's just no way everyone can be that good"

dropped stacked ranking. it does not work. Pay more attention to VOE. intuit is a great place to work so don't think that low ratings in ares are ok just because they are above industry norms. If industry norms were ok intuit wouldn't be great.

Call Center Monkey

Former Employee - Customer Support Special Intuit Websites  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Support Special Intuit Websites in Denver, CO

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, encouraged a healthy lifestyle, Life betterment perks (401k, tuition reimbursement, I think they even had home loans). Great group of individuals to work with and spring boarded my career. I would not be where I am without having started there.

Cons

Corporate call center focused solely on number of dials, it was a call center that I worked in and it was ran like any other call center. The product that I worked with is no longer owned by Intuit, they were smart and got out of that field as it was bait and switch type product. I hated working there, but it provided for my needs when I needed it.

With your lower level employee's you should listen to them more with product development. They are your first line with your customers and often the face and voice of the company. They know what's going on and the closest insight into what's broken and what works.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!